Good Seed is a Programme aiming to:
- INSPIRE you with knowledge and skills to generate creative solutions against poverty and promote social inclusion;
- ENABLE your social innovations through Design and Technology;
- EMPOWER your social innovation projects with funding and multi-disciplinary resources and support
Funded by the Social Innovation and Entrepreneurship Development Fund (SIE Fund) (www.sie.gov.hk), the Programme is jointly developed and organized by Institute for Entrepreneurship (IfE) and Jockey Club Design Institute for Social Innovation (J.C.DISI) of The Hong Kong Polytechnic University.
The Programme is composed of three stages to nurture young people to become Social Innovation Implementers:
Stage 1: Interactive & Action-oriented Learning
- Design, Technology & Business Focused
Interactive, action oriented training modules will be offered to young people with “Design”, “Technology” and “Business” as focus to equip them with necessary understanding, skills and knowledge as Social Innovation Implementers (SIIs) and change makers.
Stage 2: Idea Competition
- Competing for “Good Seed Money”
An idea competition for the young people to submit their innovative ideas developed in Stage 1 to compete for funding support to implement their innovative project ideas.
Stage 3: Project Implementation
- Testing ideas and prototyping
Funded by the SIE Fund, “Good Seed Money” will be offered to the winning teams to implement their projects with the support of PolyU, NGOs, design and industry mentors from our network.
- Additional Support from PolyU or Other Intermediaries
Post-programme support, including further funding from PolyU and bridging to other Intermediary for continual incubation and investment will be endeavored.
Good Seed Programme aims to drive for innovative solutions from young people to tackle poverty issues and promote social inclusion among the following target sectors:
- Low Income Families
- Elderly with limited means
- People with Disabilities (e.g. physically disabled, visually impaired, deaf, mentally retarded, etc.)
- New Arrivals
- Ethnic Minorities
- Other deserving demographics and communities